What Sets Snapfluencers Apart from the Average Instagrammer?
Reliability. Authenticity. Quality.
Think about it, you wouldn’t buy a new bike, car or even a nice watch without considering these characteristics first, so why would you invest in a marketing campaign without them?
These same characteristics are what brand marketers have come to expect from our Snapfluence influencer marketing campaigns. Combining those elements with a few frequently-overlooked metrics allows us to identify influencers who stand apart from the rest on Instagram and Twitter.
So, what exactly makes a Snapfluencer?
1. Thoroughly Vetted Profiles
When social users sign up for Snapfluence, our community managers conduct a thorough analysis of the user’s profile content to define a comprehensive influencer persona. We start by analyzing their sharing habits such as:
- photo quality (professional grade, everyday, aerial, etc.)
- photo styling (black & white, vibrant colors, graphic designs, etc.)
- posting frequency
- caption style (humor, stories, conversational, etc.)
These characteristics are assessed for all influencers who apply to our community, however, if a profile is found to display an overwhelming amount of inappropriate photo or text content, they will not be considered for any brand opportunities.
2. Carefully Defined Interest Categories
Overall, it’s important to remember that when labeling an influencer’s profile with interest categories, it’s crucial to pay more attention to what their photos show off than what users pre-define their interests to be. For example, an influencer’s bio could describe them as a sports fanatic, but if they never actually take a photo of themselves watching a game on TV or attending a sporting event they may not make an ideal visual influencer for a sports brand. To guide this process and help brands define their ideal influencers, we work with over two dozen interest categories, along with specified sub-personas under each. When defining an influencer for a “Fitness/Health” category, for example, some sub-personas we might look at are:
- fitness junkie/gym rat status
- competes in marathons/triathlons/bike races
- trendy sport/exercise/diet early adopter
- general exercise a few times each week
- exercising through yoga/pilates/barre/dance
- buying fitness clothes, but no fitness happens in them
- leading a health-conscious lifestyle
With this, we get the most accurate prediction of how branded content would appear authentic on a user’s feed.
3. Relative Engagement Assessment
Although the majority of social kings and queens that sign up for our network have acquired their followers the good old fashioned way, every once in a while we find users who we believe to have bought followers. An impressive number of followers and carefully-curated photo collection can sometimes blind marketers from looking further into the legitimacy of a user’s following, which is why we pay close attention to the metrics of their posts like the Relative Engagement. This frequently-overlooked metric compares the percentage of likes, comments and overall engagement a post received to the user's total followers. A pattern of exceedingly low percentages raises red flags to our community managers that this user may be posting to an illegitimate audience, making them an un-fit Snapfluence influencer.
4. Comprehensive Program Understanding
Once an influencer is selected internally for a brand campaign, the offer we extend to them includes a comprehensive campaign overview and posting guidelines. Arming them with a clear description of their purpose in this campaign up front ensures the best results for their social content and inevitable word-of-mouth promotion. The main components of their offer include:
- networks - where the optimal channels are to post
- content requirements - hashtags, calls-to-action, links, etc.
- posting dos and don’ts - proper brand language, competitors to avoid, etc.
- sample posts - content meant to inspire posts, never to duplicate
After all of this is set, we’ll write out the timeline, posting schedule, compensation and influencer FAQs. From there, it’s time for you to sit back, relax and watch the carefully-created posts roll in.